For a couple of months now I have been going to his mental health appointments with the invitation of his PTSD doctors. We have been trying to convince him to join this residential treatment that will make him cope with his anxieties.
For a couple of years I have been trying to seek help for him; looking at other scientific options to make him better and even get him off his medications: acupuncture for pain and anxiety; hypnosis; anything else.
And then I see this movie. For those who do not know this movie despite the fact that the sexy Jake G is on it, it's about a girl who has Parkinson's disease hooks up with a Pfeizer sales man. They fall in love and he tried to find a way to "cure" her disease. But to her it is not a disease. Treatment was a disease. It kills you slowly because there is no progress.
Now I know he may feel the same way. And he's trying to push further away.
Today I vow not to push him to the edge. I will let him decide what he wants. I will stay right beside him and just give plain support. It's what he really needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment