Friday, February 24, 2012

Successful. Can't Complain!

Less flare-ups than expected on our Los Angeles Trip. It was fun while driving down. I drove from home until about 60 miles into the 5 freeway. He drove most of the time after that. 


We arrived in LA and had a few hours of rest. Oj wouldn't seem to wake up so we didn't get to Disneyland until 12PM. That's alright, we were not planning on taking all of the rides. 


The next day, We were with my sister in the car and I think I just passed on PTSD on her. As Oj was driving, he had to merge to the left lane because of a car parked on our lane. He turned on his signal and merged. A-hole on the same lane three cars behind him accelerated and then honked. This made him furious and so he was arguing with the other car, flicking his middle finger and making threatening expressions. I told him to stop but he wouldn't listen. This heightened my anxiety and suddenly panicked. I screamed "stop" at the top of my lungs - and mind you, the scream was about 5 seconds long!


My goal was to prevent him to do whatever he wants to do. He is at rage and I know (though I have not seen) what he is capable of. The car we are in argument with already cut in front of him. If you don't know LA drivers, they will threaten you some more until you get in an accident. I should know, I was always in a road rage when I was living down there. It was horrible. 


I felt like I blacked out and started screaming for my life, not for the other driver's life. But I should have not done that. One thing his old buddy at the Marines told me is that if he is already in fighting stance, I should not stop him. But that's another story. 


If he was standing and the other man is standing outside too, I will not stop them. But they were in their respective vehicles and further rage can be extinguished. Why not butt in? I wasn't proud of how I but him. I always wish I was one of those wives where they will quietly panic and when it's all over, they are still mad until 5 days later when the whole thing is forgotten.


But I'm not. If I can prevent it, I will. Yes, I'll leave him fighting if he's on foot. But in the vehicle, there's more into that and more people can be hurt. Am I not right? My sister was in the car. The other driver had a passenger. If we collide, other cars may be damaged too. If there were passers-by that we all did not see, they may get hit too. 


If it was a fist fight and they would most likely end up hurting just the both of them and whoever gets in the way, I would not stand in the middle. I will let him. If it's still a small flame that I can spit on and it will die, why fan it? Am I right?


I am not guilty of what I did. What I'm guilty of is how I handled the situation. 


Other than that, I was a bit more patient...except for my dogs peeing around my sisters home. That was embarrassing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment